Watched for the first time: Dragon Ball : Emperor Pilaf Arc - First Arc

Hello everyone, I hope y’all are doing great.

Let me get this straight right away, Dragon Ball Z was the first Dragon Ball series that released in my country, however I never watched. I did gave it a try once but the series was already so ahead that I couldn't understand a thing, so I never followed the series. Recently however, I decided to give Dragon Ball series a try. I decided to start with the original Dragon Ball series that starts with the story of the protagonist Goku as a kid. In this blog. I am just going to share my thought and experience watching the first arc named "Emperor Pilaf Arc".

Before proceeding with the blog, requesting all of you to follow us on facebook @thenerdydude as well as our telegram channel @thenerdydudeblogger to stay updated with our blogs.

Now, let's begin with our blog. 


The "Son Goku Saga" has two arcs. The first arc is "Emperor Pilaf Arc" based around our first antagonist "Emperor Pilaf". This is the beginning of the story when Goku was a kid. To be honest, at first it felt a bit lame, however the story kept getting better and better as it progressed. In this arc, we were  introduced to our main characters Goku, Bulma, Yamucha, Pu'ar, Oolong, Gyūmaōa, Chi-Chi as well as Muten Roshi and Umigame. At the beginning, Bulma meets Goku while searching for Dragon Balls after which she convinces Goku to travel with her in search of Dragon Balls along with the Dragon Ball that his grandfather left to him. The two of them then leaves for an adventure to find the Dragon Balls, meeting new friends and fighting against bad guys along the way. After obtaining six of the seven dragon balls, they finally meet Emperor Pilaf, who steals their dragon balls and then uses them to summon Shenron, however his plan gets interrupted by Oolong leading to Pilaf's plan to fail. The arc doesn't end here though, an angry Emperor Pilaf places them in a room with glass sealing so that during day time, they would die of intense heat. However Goku accidentally looks at the moon, which was a full moon. This leads Goku to transform into what I hear is called "The Great Ape" form. Goku goes out of control, however Bulma, Yamucha, Pu'ar and Oolong manages to stop him by cutting off his tail. At the end of this arc, Bulma returns with Yamucha, Pu'ar and Oolong while Goku leaves to train under Muten Roshi in order to get stronger.

Overall, it was a pretty good arc and they have done a great job introducing so many important characters in this one arc. I gave this arc an 8 on 10. I did had high expectation from the stories that came after this and I was really not disappointed at all(I am still watching the series at the time of writing this blog.). This arc was over all a really fun experience and not something I expected of a 1980's anime.

Anyways, if you guys have any thoughts and suggestions, just drop them in the comment section below.

Do follow our Facebook Page @thenerdydude as well as our telegram channel @thenerdydudeblogger for all updates...

Have a wonderful day ahead....             

  







Comments